The Truth About Your Anti-Aging Cream
Are you looking for the truth about your anti-aging cream? Are you having a difficult time trying to figure out what works versus what is hype? Well, let’s face it. As we get older, we want to keep looking young and beautiful. It’s the way of the world, and because of this, your anti-aging cream isn’t just another pointless product to buy.
For many of us, our skincare routines and the products we use on our skin are essential parts of what we do in morning and then again at night before going to sleep. It’s what we rely on you keep our skin looking fresh and healthy.
This is is why it’s disappointing to do a simple search online only to find conflicting advice, confusing products, and outrageous pricing that the average person isn’t willing to afford. The purpose of this article is to give you the truth about your anti-aging cream so that you can be sure to choose one that will actually do what it claims.
If you want fewer wrinkles, age spots, and skin that stays moist and supple, keep reading; I have some good news for you.
First Things First, Don’t Let Price Be Your Only Guide When Choosing An Anti-Aging Cream
Generally-speaking, no matter what your income, most of us tend to buy based on price when we are purchasing things that we feel we really, really need. If you happen to earn a lot of money, money will be less of an issue, and you may be willing to pay a steeper price for a skin cream that will give you results than someone who has a limited budget.
My advice to you is to ignore price as much as you possibly can and instead focus on the ingredients. See…it’s the ingredients in an anti-aging product that are more important than anything else, and it doesn’t matter if your cream costs $19.99 or $199.99.
If it doesn’t work, the price is totally irrelevant.
So, now that that’s out of the way, let’s talk about the ingredients that you want to look for in any anti-aging product you purchase. The ingredients are the magic key to the results you are seeking.
First up, let’s talk about skin brighteners.
If You Want Your Skin To Look Brighter, Look For These Ingredients
The older you get, the more problems you will have with hyperpigmentation. Hyperpigmentation simply means too much “color” in your skin. Generally speaking, that color is going to be a darker than it was when you were a teenager.
Hyperpigmentation often shows up as liver spots or wider areas of skin that gets a deeper pigment over time. If you’re having problems with your skin getting darker as you age, there are a number of ingredients that can help.
Skin Lightening Ingredients List
- Hydroquinone is the first ingredient on the list. It’s among one of the more popular skin lightening ingredients, and it’s very effective, too. It packs a two-part punch by both slowing down how much pigment your skin produces and also by killing melanin-producing cells.
- Kojic acid is another skin-lightening ingredient that does the same as hydroquinone. It slows down how much pigment your skin produces. Kojic acid is food grade and used in many food products, but it does sometimes cause skin sensitivities. Be sure to test it on a small patch of your skin, first.
- Glycolic acid lightens your skin by gently peeling the top layer of your skin. It is an alpha hydroxy acid that has the added benefit of decreasing wrinkles, too. Be sure to protect your skin with sunscreen after using glycolic acid because your skin will be a lot more sensitive after a peel.
- Vitamin C is probably the most natural and eco-friendly of all the skin lighteners on this list. It works by slowing the amount of pigment your skin produces, thus making the skin lighter over time. It will also help you have more firm skin and fewer wrinkles, too.
There are more skin lightening ingredients out there, but this is a good start for you. If you buy an anti-aging cream with any of the above ingredients in it, you’ll find the skin-lightening results you’re wanting, for sure!
To Erase Wrinkles and Firm Your Skin, These Are Some Of The Anti-Aging Ingredients You’ll Want
When it comes to wrinkles and getting firmer skin, there are a lot of hypey products out there that simply don’t do what they say they do. That’s the truth; however, there is still hope if you want to get rid of or decrease the appearance of your fine lines and tone up your skin.
I’ve already shared one product with you – glycolic acid. Another ingredient to try is salicylic acid. It’s a beta hydroxy acid that is as just effective as glycolic acid.
Some studies have shown that, when you gently peel off the top layer of your skin with topical agents, you stimulate the production of collagen and improve the tone of your skin.
Another thing that works well is Vitamin A, also called retinol. This ingredient can help you to build elastin and improve the tightness of your skin.
As before, there are lots of other ingredients marketed by companies, and some of those ingredients do exactly what I have mentioned here – which is good! This article is far from exhaustive…but if you want the truth about your anti-aging cream, you’ve gotten off to a great start, today.
As always, drinking at least 64 ounces of water per day and making sure that you wear sunscreen when you are out in the sun will go a long way. Your anti-aging products can indeed help you turn back the hands of time, but you need to have effective great ingredients in them and live a lifestyle that supports your goals.
- “Wrinkle Creams: Your Guide To Younger Looking Skin.” Mayo Clinic Staff.http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/wrinkles/in-depth/wrinkle-creams/art-20047463. Jun 27, 2013.